System detoxification is an important tool used by Holistic doctors: Rather than adding further toxins (pharmaceutical drugs) in order to "fight" the health problems that the patient is experiencing, detoxification attempts to flush those substances from the system and thereby work with the body, using its own built-in mechanisms.
Diagnose your symptoms now!
- see your health summarized and in detail
- understand what's happening to your body
- learn what you should be doing right now
The best method for systemic detox in many doctors' experience is called the Master Cleanse. It cleanses and detoxifies the brain, organs, and other systems to enable the removal of mucus, and the crystallization of toxins and other forms of toxicity.
Function; Why it is Recommended
The build-up of toxins and mucus is created by improper dietary and sleep habits and produces congestion and blockages within the body. The removal of these toxins and mucus allows us to properly process both the food we eat and get the best nutritional value from it, reduce cravings for mucus-producing foods and other substances that harm the body, and clarify our thought and emotional processes.
To not give our bodies a chance to cleanse themselves and heal is like spraying disinfectant on our household garbage daily instead of taking it out to the curb for removal.
Detoxification is recommend when symptoms such as these manifest themselves:
- The liver is 'sluggish'
- Digestion is impaired
- Poor memory
- Diminished energy level.
These symptoms can to a large extent be due to toxins and mucus accumulating in the body, which when flushed out could make a huge difference in symptoms.
Here is the recipe for the Master Cleanse:
- Prepare a food substitute to use for at least 10 days.
- The master cleanser is the best method for fat dissolution and mucus and toxin elimination. Mix 10 oz of clean water with 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice, 2 tbsp grade B maple syrup (found at health food stores), 1/10 tsp. cayenne pepper.
- Drink from 6 to 12 glasses of this mixture daily, with small intake of water. The more weight loss required, the more of the mixture necessary.
- Each evening before bed, drink 1 cupful of herbal laxative tea.
- Each morning either repeat the laxative tea, or alternate morning routine with 1 quart lukewarm clean water with 1 tsp. uniodized sea-salt. This is a digestive wash for the entire digestive system. The next hour will produce several trips to the bathroom for elimination of wastes that have accumulated throughout the digestive system.
- At least once or twice during the cleanse, a coffee enema would be useful to help support the liver in the detoxing process.
Breaking the fast:
- This is very important so as not to shock the body by reintroducing food too soon, and creating digestive problems that are hard to heal.
- Day 1 and 2 following the completion of the cleanse, consume as much orange juice and water as desired.
- Day 3 make a vegetable soup of any desired vegetables in water and vegetable stock, take mostly broth and orange juice, as much as desired.
- On subsequent days only eat when hungry, do not snack, and chew food very well.
This cleanse can be done 2-3 times per year to cleanse and purify body/mind. When done correctly, a weight loss of 2 lbs per day is not unusual.
Results to expect:
- More eliminative trips to the toilet. If you are not doing this, you are not drinking enough lemonade, or not doing the tea and salt water, or the liver is overwhelmed (coffee enema).
- Some aches and pains in the body (like the flu), including muscles, headaches, tiredness may occur during the first couple of days. This is due to the throw off of toxicity, and will discontinue soon. The coffee enema also helps speed this process up.
- A coated, white, "furry" tongue. These are toxins rising to the surface to be eliminated. When the tongue clears is a good indication of the completion of the cleanse.
- Increased mucus and other secretions from the body from nearly every orifice may occur and is completely normal.