How is this different to anything else I've tried?
Most dieting methods involve considerable planning, measuring, reading, calculating, counting, avoiding, guessing – not to mention ongoing expense. Our diet method avoids all of that and has the following advantages:
- No need to make a detailed plan, no major preparation – start immediately
- No need to calculate your body's daily calorie requirement
- No need to read labels
- No need to count calories, hours walked, miles run, or anything else
- No need to avoid certain types of food (healthy foods are best, of course)
- No need to exercise (although exercise is highly recommended and will allow you to eat more)
- No expense, aside from a scale (which most dieters use anyway)
- No guessing about when you will finish your diet (you will know the exact finish date)
- No need to think – just one easy rule to follow
- The same method can be used to easily maintain your weight after your diet is complete
- Weight loss will be a steady 0.1 kilo (or 1⁄4 pound) per day – guaranteed
Calories and weight explained
Human body fat – which is not pure fat – contains roughly 7,500 calories per kilogram, or 3,400 calories per pound. In other words, by consuming 7,500 fewer calories than our body burns, we lose roughly 1kg of body fat.
Losing 7,500 calories per day can be dangerous, and is impossible without continuous extreme exercise and/or dehydration. However, losing one-tenth of that (750 calories per day) is entirely and easily do-able: it simply means eating that many fewer calories each day than your body burns.
NOTE: The unit of daily weight loss we will use here is 100 grams (1⁄10 kilogram or 0.1kg) of body weight, equivalent to 750 calories. If you prefer to work with pounds then the closest equivalent is 1⁄4 pound (0.25lb or 4oz) of body weight, equivalent to 850 calories.
How does The Easiest Diet work?
The hardest part of any diet is discipline – in other words, making sure that you stick to it. Most diets make it hard to be disciplined because you cannot see immediate results, and you have no idea whether you are overdoing it, or not doing enough, or if the diet is even working at all. In other words, you are constantly wondering and guessing, which is not a good way to maintain discipline.
The Easiest Diet lets you know where you are at any time: every day, every hour, every time you want to eat. You will clearly see that it is working because each day your target weight will be lower, and each day you will reach it. The only discipline required is to get on your scale each time you want to eat, and then accept what it is telling you.
The one rule that you need to follow does not require guesswork and does not leave room for argument: your scale tells you whether you are allowed to eat or not.
Here are the steps:
- Buy a digital scale that is accurate to 0.1kg (100 grams), or 0.25lb (1⁄4 pound). Cost: $10 to $50. Place it on a hard, level surface. Note: this diet method will not work without an accurate scale.
- Measure your current weight, and decide on your desired weight.
- Calculate the difference (current weight minus desired weight), which is the amount of weight you need to lose.
- Multiply the weight you need to lose by 10 (if using kilos) or by 4 (if using pounds). This is how many days it will take to lose the weight.
- On a calendar or diary, write down your current weight in today's slot.
- For each day into the future, subtract 0.1kg (if using kilos) or 0.25lbs (1⁄4 pound, or 4oz) and write that figure in the slot, stopping when you reach your target weight.
- Starting immediately, do the following every time you want to eat:
That's all there is to it!
- Weigh yourself (always the same way, for example naked or in your underwear)
- If your weight is at or below the target weight on your calendar for today, you can eat
- If your weight is above today's target, you are not allowed to eat
- Once your diet is complete, continue weighing yourself before every meal and if you are above your target weight, don't eat.
The end result, if you always allow the scale to dictate your eating times, will be that you are guaranteed to be losing 0.1kg (or 1⁄4lb) per day, which translates to 0.7kg (1.75lb) per week, 3kg (7.5lb) per month, or 36.5kg (91lbs) per year without feeling hungry or weak.
Things to note
- Our weight varies considerably during the day due to drinking, eating, dehydration (not drinking while sleeping, not drinking enough during the day), perspiration, urination (it is possible to pass over 0.5kg or a pound of urine at one time), and having a bowel movement.
- This often means that you will be 'allowed to eat' first thing in the morning, and after a visit to the toilet.
- After several days on the diet, you will get a sense of how much you can eat each day to hit your targets.
- If you are away from home and unable to weigh yourself, use common sense and self-control. Before you leave home, note how much below or above your target weight you are, then decide how much you will eat and when.
- As your diet progresses, your stomach will naturally shrink, and you will feel full sooner.
- If you eat small meals, you will be 'allowed to eat' more often; if you eat a very large meal, you may need to wait until the next day to eat.
- The 100 gram (or 1⁄4 pound) daily weight loss target is for someone who does not exercise much, or at all. Someone who exercises significantly each day can increase their daily weight loss target from 100 to 200 grams (or from 1⁄4 to 1⁄2 pound).
- IMPORTANT: Your body requires large amounts of water to burn fat. Drink plenty of liquid, and do not cut back just so that you will be 'allowed to eat' by your scale. Remember, liquid passes through our bodies relatively quickly.
Example diet plan
Below is an example diet plan calendar. To create your own personalized diet plan, simply enter your current weight, desired weight, and diet start date, then click Show My Diet Plan:
The calendar below shows how a person would lose 30kg (66lb), reducing their weight from 100kg (220lb) to 70kg (154lb). Starting on June 26th, 2022, they would complete their diet on April 22nd, 2023.
|Jun 26, 2022||100.0|
|Jun 27, 2022||99.9|
|Jun 28, 2022||99.8|
|Jun 29, 2022||99.7|
|Jun 30, 2022||99.6|
|Sep 9, 2022||92.5|
|Sep 10, 2022||92.4|
|Nov 23, 2022||85.0|
|Nov 24, 2022||84.9|
|Feb 6, 2023||77.5|
|Feb 7, 2023||77.4|
|Apr 19, 2023||70.3|
|Apr 20, 2023||70.2|
|Apr 21, 2023||70.1|
|Apr 22, 2023||70.0!|
That's 300 days – and yes, it does seem like a long time! Bear in mind two things, however. First, 30 kilos is a lot of weight to lose, equivalent to 30 liters or 8 gallons of water (try carrying all that at once). Second, from day 2 and every day after that the dieter would be reaping the benefits of a lighter, slimmer body.
Once you have achieved your target weight, things become a lot easier because you no longer need to lose weight and can therefore eat an additional 750 calories – the equivalent of 100 grams of weight – per day compared to when you were dieting.
If you have any questions, suggestions, or happy weight loss stories, do feel free to contact us!