Who are we?
Established in late 2002 after two years of development, Diagnose-Me.com began as a unique doctor-programmer collaboration. Being the first service of its kind, its future was uncertain at the time; what was clear, however, was the need for a much wider, deeper, and objective evaluation of patient symptoms than a doctor consultation could provide.
Since then, Diagnose-Me.com has grown to the point where we handle tens of thousands of cases each year with a 99.93% satisfaction rate. Though it is now a rare occurrence, we still look forward to encountering never-before-seen problems.
Diagnose-Me.com is based on the Big Island of Hawaii, employs U.S. doctors, and has other staff working remotely across the globe.
What do we do?
Our business is that of diagnosing the underlying health conditions that are causing your current signs and symptoms.
While a doctor is generally only concerned with the current obvious problem, we view the human body as a highly interconnected whole and are therefore also able to highlight issues that are 'creeping up on you', even if they don't have obvious symptoms (yet).
Your diagnosis is presented in an easy-to-understand (yet highly detailed), prioritized, color-coded report. A graphical overview shows the 'big picture' of your health and links to the underlying details. All conclusions are fully supported by evidence and clear explanations, as can be seen in this sample Computer-only Analysis
We do not pretend that a diagnosis can be confirmed online: completing a diagnosis requires lab testing, physical examination, and/or trial-and-error treatment. However, we do narrow down the possibilities to just a few (including those that might be missed or ignored by a doctor with limited time), making it a simple process of ruling out (or confirming) them one by one.
If you would like to have your case handled by a named, licensed, and contactable human doctor, our doctors are available for reviewing your situation, dealing with your specific concerns, making suggestions, and answering your questions and follow-up questions. Here is a sample Doctor-reviewed Report
How do we do it?
Our service is based around a diagnostic system, The Analyst™
. It will:
- Identify all of your symptoms. This is a vitally important step since easily-missed signs or symptoms often hold the key.
- Build a shortlist of disease conditions. Apply thousands of weighted connections from signs, symptoms, risk factors and other causative conditions.
- Perform a differential diagnosis. Narrow down the possibilities by distinguishing and ruling out different diseases that share common symptoms.
- Consider all possibilities. Diagnosis is not a black-and-white science. If no single disease or condition exactly matches your symptom profile, two or more may be present and overlapping.
Why are we different from other services?
Search engines are excellent sources of medical information, but only when you know what to search for. They do not piece together the many clues that your body provides.
Other web sites offer 'diagnosis', sometimes even for free. Diagnose-Me.com
differs fundamentally from all of them:
- Some web sites simply provide online access to human experts (doctors). We offer this as an option, but we also understand that a human doctor does not have the time or ability to ask possibly hundreds of questions in order to get to the bottom of your problems. The Analyst™ has the time and knows exactly what to ask.
- Most diagnostic systems lack depth: few ask more than 10-100 questions. This is clearly insufficient to cover the hundreds of signs and symptoms that people can and do have.
- Some systems start by asking you "What symptoms do you have?" or "Click on the area where your symptoms are", assuming that you know exactly what qualifies as a symptom, and that all symptoms are obvious to you or in one area. The Analyst™ makes no such assumptions: you will be asked all manner of unusual questions because, taken together, these small pieces of information make up the complex puzzle that is your current state of health.
As a simple example, would you mention that you have small bumps on the backs of your arms, or that you have cracked calluses on your heels? (These are both symptoms of vitamin A deficiency.)
- Some systems are broken down into components, for example the "Back Problems" module or the "Endocrine" module. Not only does this type of system fail to take into account the "big picture" (by viewing your body as an integrated system), but once again the assumption is made that you know what is wrong.
- Free systems are invariably geared towards selling products, not determining whether you actually need those products: A few questions are asked and you receive a recommendation for what to buy.
The Analyst™ is not an advertising gimmick: you receive impartial findings and advice. We do not sell any treatments or other products.
- The Analyst™ takes the safe approach by first looking for natural solutions. For example, lifestyle and diet changes will always be considered before pharmaceutical drugs; allopathic treatments are mentioned in cases where there simply is no effective natural treatment.